Woebot : A cognitive behavioral therapy bot

A friend from the BV Slack group shared this link to a new app called Woebot.

From the site: “Woebot is an automated conversational agent (chatbot) who helps you monitor mood and learn about yourself. Drawing from a therapeutic framework known as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Woebot asks people how they’re feeling and what is going on in their lives in the format of brief daily conversations.”

I would love to know if anyone is using Woebot and if so, what their experiences are. Even if you’re not, what do you think? You can learn more about the project, which was created by these people:

here.

hey all. second day of using this. i posted this on bv slack yesterday.
it felt clunky and strange at first, like an outtake from Her or a Kubrick film. but I’m starting to appreciate it.
It asked about all-or-nothing questions today, a mental pattern I’m plagued with. The breezt, conversational tone of the bot helps to dispel the glut and shame around this type of thinking.
Encourage y’all to try it.

I loved that movie. And great point @minadimyan711.

It makes me think that simple pattern recognition can actually be a boon for many people. And I wonder if knowing that it’s a bot – and that you’re not bothering someone as you work to understand those mental habits to break – could also be a benefit?

Didn’t think of that! that’s truth, that we don’t talk because we don’t want to bother someone…